Best Miter Saw Reviews With Buying Guideline
We must need a miter saw to make accurate crosscuts or miters in the workpiece. Since manual miter saws have been outdated so long, some powerful motorized miter saws taken its place. As a very high performing electro-mechanical device it does have some specification to define its kind. Not every model is going to suit your job, and we don’t want you to make your head spin for selecting the right product because there’re tons on the market. Yes! You’ve come to the perfect place. We’re here with some of the best miter saw reviews in modern times thus you can easily compare the specifications and get your deal.
For whom these Best Miter Saw Are For?
Miter saws have been in use since 1970 with limited width of cut. But now you can cut almost anything with a versatile rotating blade and perfectly accurate crosscuts almost 90 degrees. These devices are normally designed for workshop purposes to do some heavy work. Can be used for household purposes if you’re not willing to pay for day to day works. These Best Miter Saw are for:
- Home improvement by remodeling
- Carpentering and small building construction.
- Crown molding
- Furniture (wood/plywood) building
Top 5 Best Miter Saw Reviews List
01. DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
Project for bigger materials and groove cuts, DWS780 has some advantages over others The back fence is also a key feature. For trim carpenters and cabinet makers, it’s a much-needed product. Because they demand such product that metes out power and accuracy in the same time catering for capacity.
- Weight: 46.9 pounds
- Dimension:8 inches x 27.7 inches x 20 inches
- Power source: corded-electric
- Voltage: 120v
- Warranty: 2 years ( buyable drops and spills)
- DWS780 hasa 15 amp motor with a highest rotating speed of 3800 rpm.
- You can adjust the detent plate to 10 different positions.
- For crosscuts, it has XPS alignment system. Can miter 60 degrees right and 50 degrees
- Also, the rock rail latch helps to keep the head and fence apart.
- The highly refined dust collection system can manage to keep out almost ¾th of dust.
- Easy adjustment of angle and bevel
- It has a Powerful motor with Good stock blade supplied
- Outstanding dust collection
- High torque blade speed throughout the cut
- Sliding may not be smooth
- Needs new blade for fine works
This DeWalt product is a complete lightweight and portable edition. The essential LED light in cut direction makes it easy to use. Also, the precise gauges help you obtain critical angles. Although Only professionals are permitted to handle this high torque and speed. But considering all the aspects, this product is surely a contender of the best miter saw.
02. Bosch GCM12SD 120-Volt 12-Inch DB Glide Miter Saw reviews
Very less miter saws going to give you the same feature with this price. The BOSCH GCM12SD, 2nd of our Best Miter Saw list has a dust bag, laser guide and material clump included in the accessories. Considering every aspect its worth every penny you are paying for it. Here are the features for you to judge and match your reasons whether you’re buying it now or someday.
- Weight: 88.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 24 inches x 34 inches x 22.25 inches
- Power: corded-electric
- Voltage: 120v
- Warranty: info not available
- The GCM12SD is an 88.2 pound beast (65 pound net) with speed upto 3800 rpm.
- Its accuracy went to a whole new dimension with 47-degree bevel and 60-degree
- The GCM12SD has a 6 feet cord length and the stainless steel design obviously going to attract your interest.
- Also the 12” Bosch blade in a nice addition.
- When it comes to its 95% practical dust and chip collection system,there no other contenders.
- Ambidextrous ergonomic trigger handles for day long comfort.
- High-precision Square-lock fence
- Extended horizontal and vertical cutting capacity.
- One touch lock unlocks to slide fence
- Maybebit disappointing with cutting height capacity.
- New double switch feature may seem confusing, but you’ll get used to it.
The fancy new hinge system is a step to traditional sliding rods defines it as a totally different product. Especially it’s best for cramped workshop jobs. But it does not have a laser light to have a pin point vision although you can buy it as an accessory. Taking all the facts into consideration the Bosch GCM12SD is the best miter saw nowadays.
03. Makita LS1018 Dual-Bevel Slide Compound Miter Saw, 10-Inc
In the Best Miter Saw list, Makita is one of the leading manufacturers. Unlike other products, It is a 10” slide compound saw which is very much ideal for deck builders, cabinet and furniture makers, baseboard and crown molding installations. Also less weight comparatively (43.7 pounds). This machine is built for utility jobs with pinpoint accuracy.
- weight: 56.95 pounds( with box and add-ins)
- Dimensions: 20 inches x 34 inches x 22 inches
- Power: Corded-electric
- Voltage: 120v
- Warranty: buyable twoyears warranty
- The Makita LS1018 runs with a 13Amp direct drive motor.
- Despite heavy power consumption, it gives the user a soft start option which is a key difference than other miter saws available.
- It has a rubberized D-handle which is built for excellent grip over the machine and electrical brake system for maximum productivity.
- This miter is 47 degrees to left and 60 degrees to right with 4stops at 15 degrees, 22.5 degrees, 31.6 degrees and 45 degrees each to the left and right.
- Less maintenance for direct drive motors.
- Delivers 4300rpm in no load condition
- ‘Dead on’ accuracy with linear ball bearing system.
- 30 days satisfaction guarantee and one-yearfull-service
- Machine parts are only available to manufacturer’s stock.
- The bearing system needs to be oiled regularly to avoid junk.
As per experts say, Makita LS1018 is a complete miter saw. Users have Easy Access to bevel locks to adjust different cutting degrees. But Blade guard may be a little vibrating but can be fixed by tight nut bolts. This miter saw can chop off almost anything you need to fix. So I suggest you to buy it and leave it to size all the tough jobs.
04. Hitachi C10FCE2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
If you need easy woodworking, immediately turn to the C10FCE2. The main advantage is its extreme versatility. Panels and Stashes, fireboards and hardboards or wood plywood Whatever the job, this Hitachi C10FCE2 from Best Miter Saw list is the perfect solution from our list of Best Miter Saw. On portable jobs, vibration and thegripping system can be a big issue but thanks to the C10FCE2 its static and dynamic balancing system makes it super user-friendly.
- Weight: 35.9 pounds
- Dimensions: 23 x 19.1 x 16.1 inches
- Power: corded-electric
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Warranty: 1 year. (30 days satisfactory guarantee)
- A powerful 15amp machine with upto 5000rpm tells the story of its utility
- Built in clamping system with the table means you can do the setup hassle free.
- 10-inch tungsten carbide tooth and 45-degree bevel range give the user an overall control and precision.
- No more disturbing vibrations.
- Comparatively lighter product with a variety of color choices
- Bevel and miter cuts can easily be adjusted
- Built in High durable blade
- Heavy duty engine gives astraight and precise cut.
- Effective dust collector
- Manual alignment of thelaser is necessary for repositioning.
- Fence space is limited compared to other products.
Just like other Hitachi products, this is a model example of miter saws. It has Replaceable carbon blade which means you can adjust your cut based on different objects. Although it needs new blade for fine cuts, the Hitachi C10FCE2 will give you a smooth cut with no scratches to spoil the job. Throughout the years, it has been workers most reliable miter saw from all of the Best Miter Saw.
05. SKIL 3821-01 12-Inch Quick Mount Compound Miter Saw with Laser
This 46.3 pound SKILSAW product has always been up to the task. One of the finest examples of being lightweight and powerful at the same time from Best Miter Saw list. Its miter angle can be set to 9 stops for preferred work types. Household or heavy workshop works, this miter saw will be your loyal companion.
- Weight: 46.3 pounds
- Dimensions: 20.5 inches x 28.28 inches x 18.15 inches
- Power: corded-electric
- Voltage: 120v
- Warranty: buyable twoyears warranty
- Its peak speed is 4500rpm with 15amp power consumption.
- In the case of the longer work piece a table extension to left and right is available.
- A laser cutting guideline is available in the manual if you have no experience in it.
- Quick-mount system to set up the machine to a stand and mount so quickly.
- Nine positive miter angle stoppages.
- Fast cutting speed
- 24T grade 10” titanium carbide blade
- Laser cut gives maximum efficiency
- Cutting quality may be affected if you try different objects.
- Blades need to be realignedfor different angle stops for better precision.
This 12” compound miter saw including the quick mount feature makes it one of the favorites of DIYers and woodworkers. Its integrated carrying handles also make it easy to transport from one place to another. Many intermediates start their workshop experience with it. I would like to call it the best miter saw for both home and outside works.
Some key factors are to be considered for buying your product. As you’ve already seen the brief discussions above for some selected machines, it’s your turn to pick one of them. Not only the cost and type but also several things you need to keep in mind.
These are what you need to take into consideration:
- Angle stops
The angle may not be fixed in any direction. There are several stoppages in positive angle to get the precise cutting angle. Some miter saws offer you to custom adjustments. Otherwise,it’s not smooth everytime. So it’s your choice if you want default angles or customize it to your preferences for different types of work.
- Laser beam guide
It’s an important feature in modern day miter saws. Laser rays make you more focused on the direction you want to cut. Because nobody wants to ruin the whole work by a simple mistake. So you should check if the laser projection functionality is attached to it. Most miter saws offer you to buy it with/without laser guide. So considering the prices you can make your decision.
- Changing of blades:
Different types of the bladeare necessary for different types of jobs. You need to see if the blade is fixed or can be manually changed. Some products offer you to attach any blade in near shops while other may require you to buy from verified manufacturer. So based on customer service and location you should choose your pick.
- Dust and Chip Management:
It’s totally unexpected to mess up the whole stand and floor with chips and dust from theobject. That’s why a reliable dust management system is necessary. Considering outdoor works, you may overlook this feature but in thecase of households and to keep the floor nice and tidy, Dust management feature should be count.
- Motor power:
Upto 15amp motor with 5500rpm are available in the market. To select your type of machine, you should be aware enough how much torque and revolutions per minute you need.
- Brake and maintenance system:
Manual and electric brake system these two types are available. For afrequentstart-stopjob, and in thecase ofemergency, you should consider buying electric brakes. But for light works a manual brake is suggested. You should also consider whether you can open up the machine and clean up any junks.
How to use Miter Saw (tips)
Normal miter saw uses are well known, but I’m here to provide you some tips by which you can use it with maximum efficiency and precision:
- Upgrade the blade: most miter saws equipped with normal blades for general purposes. But you can switch to a sleek blade and enjoy the rage.
- Stop before lifting and shifting: The blade should be at zero revolutions every time you move from one sector to other. Otherwise, it can scratch the surface
- Divide your cuts: the machine may not finish the whole crosscut at a time. So you can adjust that by splitting it into two steps and make the job easy
- Installing auxiliary table and fence: you can install a secondary table and fence made of plywood, MDF or hard boards so that you can get instant zero clearance support
- Extended support: Most miters saw stands are 18” in width. I suggest you buy a longer table and fix that with the stand so that no taller jobs may pose any threat.
Maintenance and safety:
You may need to do some self-maintenance to enhance the longevity of your saw. But the precaution manual should be thoroughly revised before putting your hands in the new buy. A revolving electric machinery can be very much dangerous in the wrong hands. There have been a series of accidents managing miter saws, and we don’t want that to repeat to you. Here are some few things you must follow.
The bearing system should be lubricated to avoid malfunction. Always unplug the socket whenever you’re opening the board, changing the socket or anything. No metal parts only the rubber gripped handle should be touched during plugged in. You should refine the edges of the blade with a silica sharpener to gain abetter stroke. But you must keep minimum a 5inch margin between the blade and fingers during revolving; you know it won’t takes a second to tear them apart.As an operator of the saw, Goggles, safety glass and hearing protection must be equipped. Don’t touch the blade quickly after stopping because it’s still so hot. And for the first time set up, you must meet a technician or an expert. Remember, never through yourself in the line. Some of the dust and chips will enter into the machine. So every time after work, it is advised to clean up the whole thing, but novice approach can be dangerous.
Types of Miter saw:
There are mainly three types of miter saws available based on its mechanism technique.But here it is classified into four types.
- Basic: no bevel options available. These saws are lighter and can do crosscuts and miter cuts only. Costs are relatively low
- Compound: Compound miter saw have single and dual bevel system. These are capable of bevel cut, miter+bevel cut including miter cut and crosscut. These are difficult to operate and more expensive.
- Sliding compound: these types are step-up to normal compound miter saws. They have all the features of the former but have its sliding arm. These are best suited for professionals and heavy workers.
- Cordless: as the name tells, the advantage of this type is,it’s All cordless miter saws can be classified into basic, compound and sliding compound saws.
A miter saw is a very handy tool. Since invention, miter saws are one of the most used wood shop machines. In modern works, it is established as an integral part. It may need any time in your household or your workshop. Thus buying the required features at an affordable price is a clever option. Hope the products mentioned above should meet up your demand, and you can choose the right one. So let’s pick one as you’re going to need it today or tomorrow. and Always take care of your machine because its longevity depends on upon your use and treatment.